Books for review

A place for announcing calls for papers, conference programmes, new publications, book launches, and so on, related to agricultural and rural history
JohnMorgan

Books for review

Post by JohnMorgan »

Every so often, the Agricultural History Review is sent books for review that I find difficult to place with reviewers. This is usually because the books cover subjects I am unfamiliar with, rather than because they are uninteresting. Below is a list of books I have received and would like to find reviewers for.

If you would like to nominate yourself or somebody else as a reviewer for one of the below, please contact me using the details here: https://www.bahs.org.uk/AGHR/index.html I would be grateful for a couple of lines of introduction, outlining the nature of your interest in the subject of the book you would like to review. I will use my discretion in responding to requests, and will always prioritise placing books with reviewers who have an active research interest in their subject.
  • Julian Agyeman and Sydney Giacalone (eds), The Immigrant-Food Nexus: Borders, Labor and Identity in North America (The MIT Press, 2020). xii + 330 pp. $45 / free open access.
  • Robyn Metcalfe, Food Routes: Growing Bananas in Iceland and Other Tales from the Logistics of Eating (The MIT Press, 2019). 208 pp. £20.
Reviews are to be 800-1,000 words long, and are due within three months of receiving the book.

I will keep the list above updated by editing this post so do check back periodically if this is something that might interest you.