Margaret Albright Knittl

Ask a question about agricultural history or the history of rural economy and society
FarmerJim

Margaret Albright Knittl

Post by FarmerJim »

Hi there
Back in 2007 Margaret Albright Knittl published a paper for BAHS entitled ‘The design for the Initial Drainage of the Great Level of the Fens’.
I have some new information and would like to contact her, does admin have her details or does anyone know where I can find her.
Many thanks.

rwhoyle

Re: Margaret Albright Knittl

Post by rwhoyle »

I was the editor of Agricultural History Review at the time and handled this paper.

Margaret Albright Knittl was certainly elderly - the age and generation of Joan Thirsk. I think that the research had been done long before. A quick Google search did not find a death notice for her, but I do see that she (or her executors) donated her papers to Cambridgeshire Archives and they give her span as to 2007. They may be able to tell you more, or contact her old department (although she does not appear amongst their list of retired faculty).

I would assume that she is no longer amongst us. If the material you have found is significant, I think it is up to you to write it up.

Richard Hoyle