If you would like to nominate yourself or somebody else as a reviewer for one of the below, please contact me using the details here: https://www.bahs.org.uk/AGHRvolumes.html I would be grateful for a couple of lines of introduction, outlining the nature of your interest in the subject of the book you would like to review. I will use my discretion in responding to requests, and will always prioritise placing books with reviewers who have an active research interest in their subject.
- Honor Lewington (ed.), Stoke Mandeville Wills and Inventories 1552–1853 (Buckinghamshire Record Society, 2019). 281 pp. £30.
- Vijaya Ramadas Mandala, Shooting a Tiger: Big-Game Hunting and Conservation in Colonial India (Oxford University Press, 2018). 452 pp. 21 illus. £55.
- Robyn Metcalfe, Food Routes: Growing Bananas in Iceland and Other Tales from the Logistics of Eating (The MIT Press, 2019). 208 pp. £20.
- Corey Ross, Ecology and Power in the Age of Empire: Europe and the Transformation of the Tropical World (Oxford University Press, 2019). 496 pp. 21 illus. £19.99.
- Douglas Sheflin, Legacies of Dust: Land Use and Labor on the Colorado Plains (University of Nebraska Press, 2019). 426 pp. 22 illus. $55.
I will keep the list above updated by editing this post so do check back periodically if this is something that might interest you.