If you would like to nominate yourself or somebody else as a reviewer for one of the below, please contact me using the details here: https://www.bahs.org.uk/AGHRvolumes.html I would be grateful for a couple of lines of introduction, outlining the nature of your interest in the subject of the book you would like to review. I will use my discretion in responding to requests, and will always prioritise placing books with reviewers who have an active research interest in their subject.
- J.L. Anderson, Capitalist Pigs: Pigs, Pork, and Power in America (West Virginia University Press, 2018). 300 pp. illus. $34.99.
- Rhiannon Comeau and Andy Seaman (eds), Living off the Land: Agriculture in Wales c. 400–1600 AD (Windgather Press, 2019). 264 pp. illus. £34.99.
- Rosamond Faith, The Moral Economy of the Countryside: Anglo-Saxon to Anglo-Norman England (Cambridge University Press, 2019). 248 pp. £17.99.
- Honor Lewington (ed.), Stoke Mandeville Wills and Inventories 1552–1853 (Buckinghamshire Record Society, 2019). 281 pp. £30.
- Vijaya Ramadas Mandala, Shooting a Tiger: Big-Game Hunting and Conservation in Colonial India (Oxford University Press, 2018). 452 pp. 21 illus. £55.
- Stuart McCook, Coffee is Not Forever: A Global History of the Coffee Leaf Rust (Ohio University Press, 2019). 306 pp. 28 illus. $34.95.
- J. Escalona Monge, O. Vésteinsson, and S. Brookes (eds), Polity and Neighbourhood in Early Medieval Europe (Brepols, 2019). 448 pp. 71 illus. €110.
- Robyn Metcalfe, Food Routes: Growing Bananas in Iceland and Other Tales from the Logistics of Eating (The MIT Press, 2019). 208 pp. £20.
- Partick Roberts, Tropical Forests in Prehistory, History, and Modernity (Oxford University Press, 2019). 368 pp. £85.
- Corey Ross, Ecology and Power in the Age of Empire: Europe and the Transformation of the Tropical World (Oxford University Press, 2019). 496 pp. 21 illus. £19.99.
- Douglas Sheflin, Legacies of Dust: Land Use and Labor on the Colorado Plains (University of Nebraska Press, 2019). 426 pp. 22 illus. $55.
- Helen Tangiers, Movable Markets: Food Wholesaling in the Twentieth-Century City (Johns Hopkins University Press, 2019). 312 pp. 30 illus. $59.95.
I will keep the list above updated by editing this post so do check back periodically if this is something that might interest you.